Learn how to optimize your Instagram content with these tips from social media experts. Use Later for scheduling, create a content calendar based on strategy and audience, batch tasks like capturing footage and editing, and use Canva to plan your feed.
Maple can help you find vetted freelancers to support your workflow. Experiment with different types of content, partner with influencers in the same niche, and focus on reels for growth. Content batching saves time – brainstorm ideas first, then create graphics or photoshoots quarterly or biannually. Plan out each week’s content using tools like Hootsuite or Buffer.
Instagram Content Strategy: How to Create Content Planning
- The speaker can create and schedule all their Instagram content for a month in just four hours.
- They have refined their process and workflow to make it more efficient.
- Later is an essential tool for scheduling content across multiple platforms.
- The speaker continuously captures content throughout their weeks, such as filming themselves behind the camera while making YouTube videos.
- They keep notes alive with ideas for future content that they add to regularly.
- Step one involves planning based on a strategy that ensures they are meeting goals, which makes the planning process more accessible because they already know what they will be talking about and when they will post it.
- Step two involves creating and collating existing footage into folders, assigning them to different posts throughout the month, and batch-creating any missing content in one go.
- Step three involves editing video or photo content to ensure it’s ready for posting, which may include outsourcing this task if necessary.
- The speaker has two people who help create reels from their YouTube videos or trending audio snippets with valuable messaging laid over them.
- Batching tasks like capturing footage, creating collages of existing footage, or editing saves time by allowing you to benefit from Flow State, where you’re fully immersed in one task at a time rather than dragging out these tasks over several weeks.
How to make an Instagram Content calendar
- Consistency in posting on Instagram is essential for growth.
- A content calendar helps bridge the gap between inconsistency and confidence in posting.
- Content strategy involves determining posts’ format and subject matter that will connect with your ideal audience.
- A sustainable Instagram strategy considers what you love to make, what performs well for your audience, and what you have time to complete.
- The content calendar is a practical application of the content strategy, turning it into a daily checklist for post-creation.
- Assigning ideas generated through niche and content pillar brainstorming to specific calendar dates helps with posting consistency.
- Planning a content calendar is important for staying consistent on Instagram and boosting growth.
- Coming up with fresh and unique ideas can be challenging, but methods like repurposing, research, brainstorming, and viral trends can help generate new ideas.
- Confidence as an Instagram creator is also crucial for growth.
- The Instagram Roadmap course offers guidance on creating a sustainable strategy, planning a content calendar, generating fresh ideas & increasing confidence as an IG creator.
How to Plan Your Instagram Feed Using Canva
- Canva can plan Instagram feeds instead of planning apps like Planoly, Unum Later, or Preview.
- Modern Millie is a social media influencer who posts videos every Wednesday on the latest strategies and trends on social media to help grow your brand.
- She uses Canva to plan her Instagram feed because she finds it easier than her phone, and since her feed uses more graphics, it makes sense for her to stay on her laptop.
- She created a template called “My Planning Feed Template” in Canva, where she uploads photos and arranges them according to how she wants them displayed in her feed.
- With other planning apps, you can only plan out reels a little, but with Canva, you can have a reel cover image so that when you plug it into the feed, you can see how it will look cropped.
- Millie also uses Trello to plan her content calendar by plugging in captions and photos for each day of the week from Monday through Friday.
- Millie prefers using Canva over other planning apps because they require payment or upgrading for certain features, such as scheduling carousel posts or auto-posting, unless one has a business account that comes with its own set of limitations.
- Auto-scheduling posts is only possible through Facebook’s Creator Studio if one has an Instagram creator or business account connected to their Facebook page. Still, this feature is only compatible with video content for in-feed posts and carousels.
- Dollar 80 is an app that helps increase engagement on Instagram by leaving meaningful comments on nine different hashtags’ nine most recent posts without resorting to bot systems.
How to Create Consistent Content on Social Media
- Vanessa shares tips on how to post content on multiple platforms consistently.
- She recommends creating templates and frameworks for finding, planning, creating, distributing, and evaluating content.
- Content pillars are categorized into education-based, inspiration-based, and sales-related.
- Nine content pillars are identified: calling out mistakes; myths/misconceptions; giving tips; inspiring the audience; sharing personal stories/fun facts about the brand; shifting beliefs/opinions of the audience; addressing objections from potential customers/clients; sharing social proof/testimonials from clients/customers who have used the product/service being promoted/promoted directly.
- A matrix is created with the nine content pillars on one side, and typical subjects talked about in paid programs or as a content creator (e.g., entrepreneurship) on the other side to generate ideas for each subject/content pillar combination.
- Repurposing long-form content pieces (e.g., YouTube videos/newsletters) into shorter forms (e.g., Twitter threads/Instagram carousels) can create more accessibility/diversity in reaching different audiences across platforms without coming up with new ideas all the time.
- The notion is recommended as a tool for organizing/planning all of one’s content across multiple platforms. It uses customized dashboards/cards that allow users to write/schedule/publish their work while tracking its status/dates published/etc.
- Vanessa offers a 100-content-ideas vault that covers all nine of her recommended content pillars applicable to any niche/industry and instructions on how to use it effectively.
- The video emphasizes streamlining workflows over time by creating templates/frameworks/matrixes that save time/maximize reach while maintaining quality standards.
How Do I Create Content Calendar for Instagram, Youtube & Tiktok?
- Consistency on social media is important for success.
- A lack of workflow can be a reason for the inconsistency.
- The speaker has a team of freelancers who help with content creation.
- Maple is a company that pairs business owners with vetted freelancers to help run their businesses more efficiently.
- Asana organizes and plans content ideas across different platforms, including TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and email newsletters.
- Color coding helps the speaker stay organized in her planning process.
- Instagram has a specific strategy and requires more tactical planning than other platforms like TikTok or Pinterest (which others manage).
- Jess helps manage the speaker’s emails and turns her briefs into email newsletters for her audience once a week or more often.
- The video provides an in-depth look at the speaker’s social media workflow, from idea generation to content creation and posting across various channels.
- The video also promotes Maple as a solution for those looking to hire vetted freelancers to support their businesses’ growth and efficiency needs.
Instagram Content Strategy 101
- The author gained 300,000 Instagram followers through organic growth.
- They did not buy likes or followers.
- There were ups and downs in their journey to gaining followers.
- Valuable lessons were learned that helped with growth.
- Instagram has at least 1.393 billion users globally as of October 2021.
- It is still possible to gain thousands of followers despite increasing competition on the platform.
- Experimentation with different types of content was done until finding what worked best for gaining followers.
- Partnerships with influencers in the same niche were effective for cross-promotion and gaining new followers.
- Twitter screenshots and image carousels were also used to engage audiences and gain more attention on the platform.
- Reels became a focus when they reached 200,000 followers, along with continued partnerships and guest appearances on other accounts’ live streams for further cross-promotion opportunities.
How to Plan and Create Consistent Content for Instagram
- The speaker’s name is Jade, and she has four Instagram accounts.
- She will be discussing content batching in this video.
- Content batching saves time and allows for better workflow.
- Step one of content batching is brainstorming, which involves using analytics and identifying content pillars.
- Step two is creating the actual content, with different tips depending on the type of account (e.g., graphic design for coaching accounts).
- To create a cohesive theme, product-based businesses can mix influencer content with product photography.
- Influencers should consider their niche when batch-creating content (e.g., not needing multiple outfits) but can still plan for events or locations that align with their brand.
- Using an international holiday calendar can inspire relevant topics to post about.
- Writing copy before designing graphics can make the process easier and more efficient.
- Batch-creating content allows for consistent posting without wasting time every day on individual posts or photoshoots.
How to Create a Content Strategy for Instagram
- Vanessa shares her Instagram strategy for managing over 130k followers.
- She separates the content into categories and themes to make planning easier.
- Categories include IG reels, promoting other channels, long-form content, and selfies.
- Each post type serves a different purpose in the overall social media strategy.
- Vanessa teaches her students about six content pillars to rotate between for demand generation.
- The BGA sellable content matrix helps pinpoint what to talk about daily on Instagram.
- Content creation is simplified through batching posts and scheduling photo shoots quarterly or biannually.
- Resources are available for optimizing IG reels, creating IGTVs from YouTube videos/podcasts, and batching photoshoots/content creation.
- A well-rounded social media strategy requires understanding that each post serves a different purpose in achieving business goals.
How to Plan Content for Social Media in 60 Minutes
- Planning social media content for a week can take as little as 60 minutes.
- Creating a list of video concepts and outlining bullet points for each video can save time in the long run.
- Including database things like stats or research shows authority and helps with followers, credibility, and Google rankings.
- Tools like Canva, Adobe Spark, or PicMonkey can create image content without hiring a designer or spending too much money.
- Keeping a database of ideas and pre-conceptualized topics allows for easy access to content when needed.
- List all the content types you can commit to publishing that week, such as blog posts, live videos, podcast promotions, etc.
- Match the content type with the social media channels you’re willing to post on (Instagram is good for visual/image-based content).
- Assign days and social platforms on which you’ll post each type of content (blog posts at least twice a week; video once a week).
- Before writing captions, create rough outlines of what each post should discuss and look like.
- Schedule your content using tools like Hootsuite or Buffer so that you don’t have to log into social media every hour of the day.
Here are some steps to consider when planning content for Instagram:
- Define Your Objectives: Before planning your Instagram content, you need to define your objectives. What do you want to achieve with your content? Do you want to increase brand awareness, drive engagement, or generate leads? A clear purpose will help you create a content strategy that aligns with your business goals.
- Define Your Target Audience: Understanding your target audience is key to creating engaging and effective Instagram content. Consider who your audience is, their interest, and how they use Instagram. Use this information to create content that resonates with your target audience.
- Choose Your Content Themes: Choose a few themes that align with your brand and target audience. For example, if you are a food blogger, your content themes include recipes, cooking tips, and restaurant reviews. Planning your content around specific themes will help create a cohesive and engaging Instagram feed.
- Create a Content Calendar: A content calendar is a schedule that outlines the topics, themes, and visuals for each of your Instagram posts. It’s important to create a content calendar to ensure your content is planned and organized. You can create your content calendar using Trello, Asana, or Google Sheets.
- Use Visuals: Instagram is a visual platform, so high-quality and visually appealing images, and videos are essential. Use tools like Canva or Adobe Spark to create graphics, or hire a photographer to take high-quality photos of your products or services.
- Use Hashtags: Hashtags can help increase the visibility of your content on Instagram. Research popular hashtags related to your industry and use them in your posts. You can also create custom hashtags that are unique to your brand.
- Engage With Your Audience: Finally, engage with your audience by responding to comments and direct messages. Building a relationship with your followers will help increase engagement and loyalty.
These are just a few tips to consider when planning content for Instagram. Remember to be creative, authentic, and consistent with your content to build a strong presence on the platform.