Creating a media plan involves developing a strategic roadmap for how a company will use various media types to reach its target audience and achieve its marketing goals.
Learn about media plans, which are essential documents for digital marketing campaigns. They contain information on the channel mix, investment amounts, targeting details, and estimated deliverables. Media planners create these plans in big agencies, while digital media specialists handle them in smaller ones.
How to Create a Media Plan? What is a Digital Marketing Media Plan?
- A media plan is an Excel sheet or pdf table containing campaign information, including the channel mix and investment amounts.
- It also includes targeting information and estimated deliverables on each channel.
- The media plan is important because it serves as a financial proposal for procurement teams and helps to judge the agency’s commitment to delivering results.
- Media planners in big agencies work on these plans, while digital media specialists may handle them in smaller agencies.
- The summary tab of the media plan provides executive-level information about the campaign, such as client name, project/campaign name, dates, budget allocation per channel, estimated leads/costs per lead, etc.
- The targeting and schedule tab provides detailed information about how each platform will be targeted (e.g., Facebook/Instagram – In-market segments: Real estate investments owning a house; Age 28-45 male only; Interest: Luxury brands like Gucci).
- This section includes ad formats (e.g., image/video/carousel/GIFs) and buying models (CPM/CPC/CPV).
- The financials tab shows rates for each platform/channel and audience size estimates based on the targeting criteria mentioned earlier in the document.
- Forecasting tools are used to estimate impressions/clicks/views/leads/app installs/etc., but there can always be variations due to the nature of biddable channels’ character.
- Media plans are essential documents that help clients understand what they’re investing in and what results they can expect from their campaigns.
How to Create a Digital Marketing Media Plan in 2023
- The video discusses how to create a digital marketing media plan.
- The speaker received many queries on Facebook and YouTube about creating a media plan.
- The video covers three important topics: what is a digital marketing media plan, how to create one, and how to present it.
- A digital marketing media plan shows the expected results of spending money on advertising.
- Media plans are created based on assumptions and experience, not 100% accuracy.
- KPIs (key performance indicators) such as clicks, cost per click, CTR rate, and impressions are included in the media plan for transparency with clients.
- Google search and Facebook lead generation campaigns are examples in the video for creating a media plan template provided in the video’s description.
- It’s important to mention which platform will be used for running ads within Google Ads when presenting a media plan to clients.
- Campaign objectives should reflect what happens when someone sees an ad rather than just choosing from pre-set options at campaign creation time.
- Clients appreciate transparency, so keeping things simple by including only relevant KPIs can help build trust between client and marketer.
How to Develop a Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Vanity metrics like likes and followers mean nothing without action.
- The Freelance Friday podcast received a positive review from Ceramics Business.
- Social media strategy is important for social media managers and businesses/brands alike.
- Setting goals is the first step in creating a social media strategy, using the SMART acronym (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, timely).
- Persona research helps understand who the target audience is for social media messaging.
- Competitor research involves analyzing what competitors are doing on their social channels to promote their brands/products/services.
- Leveraging only certain social platforms that make sense for the business/brand can be more effective than trying to do everything simultaneously.
- Content planning involves deciding what content will be posted on each platform and when it will be posted.
- Measuring success through analytics allows adjustments to be made to improve future performance.
- Communication with clients throughout the process is crucial for alignment and success in achieving goals set out in the strategic plan.
Digital Marketing Media Plan Guide: What It Is & How to Make It?
- The video covers how to create a marketing media plan.
- It is helpful for people deciding their monthly budget and agency experts presenting plans to clients.
- A monthly budget must be decided before choosing keywords and bidding in a particular market.
- Keywords are chosen from the client’s top search terms, then entered into Google’s Keyword Planner tool.
- Bids must be between low and high-range bids, with higher bids resulting in better ad positioning on Google search results pages (SERPs).
- A format covers metrics such as clicks, CTR, impressions, conversions, and cost per conversion for both Google and Facebook campaigns.
- For the search campaign on Google targeting India users: 60k INR budget with an average bid of 40 INR will result in 1500 clicks per month; CTR assumed at 5% with impressions calculated accordingly; conversion rate is taken at 6%, resulting in a cost per conversion of 667 INR.
- For remarketing campaigns on third-party websites, including YouTube: bidding stays between 5-10; assuming a bid of six results in around ten thousand clicks per month; CTR assumed at two percent with impressions calculated accordingly; conversion rate also assumed at two percent resulting in a cost per conversion of around three hundred INR.
- For Facebook campaigns targeting Indian users: thirty thousand INR budget will result in six thousand clicks assuming five rupees/click; CTR assumed at three percent with impressions calculated accordingly; Conversion rate also assumed at three percent resulting in cheaper leads than Google but lower closure rates due to lack of intent among Facebook users compared to those searching specifically for products/services on Google SERPs
- The media plan can be copied and pasted into an email or sent directly to clients after creating it using this format.
Digital Marketing Media Plan for Real Estate
- The video concerns creating a real estate media plan for project managers or agencies.
- The plan should consider the product, price, place, and promotional channels.
- The example project used in the video is located in Gurgaon and sells 3BHK flats ranging from 150-300 yards at a cost of around three crore rupees.
- Target locations for ads include South Delhi, Central Delhi, and West Delhi.
- Google Ads will be used as the primary promotional channel due to the project’s high cost.
- A landing page with proper call-to-action buttons and an inquiry form is necessary for running ads on Google.
- Advertisement costs must be estimated based on the client budget or monthly leads desired.
- The majority of the budget (75%) will be allotted to the search campaign, followed by the display (15%) and remarketing (10%).
- The primary keyword for bidding is “3BHK flats,” with the location set to the Delhi NCR region.
- Keyword planner tool can help generate relevant keywords for bidding purposes based on the primary keywords and location selected.
How to Develop a Social Media Strategy
- Social media marketing is standard practice for businesses.
- Many small businesses need a social media strategy and post content randomly or copy competitors.
- Gillian Perkins is an online business strategist specializing in digital marketing strategy and founded Startup Society, an online training program for digital entrepreneurs.
- Developing a social media strategy involves starting with the right mindset, avoiding focusing on vanity metrics, and not trying to be everywhere at once.
- Setting goals is important to focus on results that matter for your business and inform your social media goals.
- Assessing current results helps measure progress after changing your social media strategy.
- Determining your target market makes it easier to find potential customers on social media by pinpointing the demographics and interests of those you want to attract.
- Researching competitors can provide insights into what works well on different platforms and how their audience responds to their content.
- Analyzing your past posts helps decide what should be kept or changed in the new social media strategy based on engagement, clicks, likes, impressions, etc., rather than gut instinct alone.
- Going through these steps will help create a solid strategic plan that focuses on achieving specific outcomes within a certain timeline while being thoughtful about which platforms are best suited for reaching those outcomes effectively without wasting time or resources unnecessarily.
How Do You Create a Marketing Plan Step by Step?
- Marketing is necessary for any business looking to succeed.
- A marketing plan helps understand the business, clarify goals, and keep everyone on the same page.
- A marketing plan should include short- and long-term goals, target audience descriptions, and high-level strategies/tactics.
- Researching the market and competition is crucial before creating a marketing plan.
- Identifying target customers allows for more informed and tailored marketing strategies.
- Specific numbers should be included when outlining marketing goals to make them measurable and transparent.
- Lay out your marketing strategy from beginning to end with details on what needs to be done, how, and what channels to use.
- Detail budget considerations upfront as best as possible since marketing can be costly with hidden expenses
- Visme offers various templates for different industries, such as restaurant or real estate businesses.
- Infographics are useful in presenting information in a fun animated way that’s easy to understand