Social media content calendar templates can be found online and are often free to use. They can be a useful tool for individuals or organizations of any size who are looking to improve their social media presence and engagement.
By using a social media content calendar, users can plan their content in advance, ensure that they have a consistent posting schedule, and make sure that their content aligns with their brand message and overall marketing strategy.
How Do I Create a Content Calendar in Google Sheets
- The speaker can only live with two tools when planning social media content.
- One of the tools is a social media content calendar made in Google Sheets.
- The video provides a step-by-step guide on building a social media content calendar from scratch using the template described below.
- Before deciding what to post, it’s important to know why you’re posting it and your business’ most basic fundamental goals.
- Content pillars describe different categories of posts that make up your content calendar, such as sales or promotional posts, educational posts, entertaining or inspiring posts, etc.
- It’s essential to map out monthly content by filling out relevant dates, holidays, events, or campaigns relevant to your audience in the next few quarters.
- Establishing tactics involves deciding which networks you’ll post on and in what format (e.g., Facebook event for live podcast recording).
- Posting consistently every week can help grow followers faster but focus on consistency over frequency if just getting started.
- Creating detailed weekly plans with captions/texts/hashtags/visuals is recommended, but leave enough flexibility for trends that pop up reactively and pause calendars if necessary due to unprecedented events.
- Scheduling ahead of time using Hootsuite can save time during busy weeks and recycle past successful evergreen content for gaps/emergencies.
How to Create a Social Media Calendar (Template)
- The speaker has created a content calendar system that works for her.
- The system allows her to create consistent content for multiple social media platforms.
- A content calendar is necessary to stay caught up with posting on all social platforms.
- The speaker’s name is Trina, and she specializes in organizing and planning content in advance.
- She struggled with consistency on social media when she developed this system.
- Her January content calendar includes Instagram stories, feed posts, carousel posts, IGTV episodes, and Instagram lives planned on Wednesdays.
- Asana can be used to create a project board for the content plan with templates and subtasks listed under each platform column.
- Color coding tags can be added to tasks based on the platform they are intended for (e.g., yellow tag for Instagram).
- Assigning due dates and assigning tasks to team members helps keep track of progress toward completing the plan.
- The speaker recommends a solid content marketing strategy before creating a detailed content calendar.
How To Create A Social Media Content Calendar In 2023
- Social media content creation can be time-consuming without a workflow or process.
- A social media content calendar is used to plan out upcoming months of content for various social media channels.
- Even planning one or two weeks can help maintain an active presence on social media.
- Content and social media go hand-in-hand, as the correct type of content resonates with audiences and helps celebrate growth over time.
- A content calendar helps avoid overwhelm by knowing when and where to share content without last-minute scrambles.
- Pillar content strategy involves creating weekly pillar content that can be broken down into micro-content for different platforms.
- Tools like Canva, InShot, Pig Story, Dropbox/Google Drive, Buffer/Later/Hootsuite, and LastPass are useful for social media creation and planning.
- A cloud-based drive ensures easy access to creative assets within a team environment.
- The template shared in the video provides step-by-step guidance on how to use it effectively.
- Planning your overall social media strategy before diving into individual sheets is important as it sets up dropdown menus for additional details later.
Create Your Own Social Media Content Calendar
- Content is important for online businesses.
- Being on multiple platforms can lead to burnout.
- Repurposing content and batch filming can help manage multiple platforms.
- Choose one main platform to focus on initially.
- Understand the rules of each platform, such as algorithms and preferred content types.
- Create a social media calendar to plan out posts for each platform.
- Use different types of content, such as quotes and videos, and pick posts to add value and connect with followers on each platform.
- Repurpose existing content from other platforms or sources for blog posts or other channels.
- Generating leads from social media requires additional strategies beyond posting good content alone.
- Traebear.com offers a leads challenge program that teaches how to turn followers into paying customers.
How Do I Manage My Instagram Feed with Canva?
- Canva can plan Instagram feeds instead of planning apps like Planoly, Unum Later, or Preview.
- Modern Millie is a social media influencer who posts videos every Wednesday on the latest strategies and trends on social media to help grow your brand.
- She uses Canva to plan her Instagram feed because she finds it more accessible than using her phone, and since her feed uses more graphics, it makes sense for her to stay on her laptop.
- She created a template called “My Planning Feed Template” in Canva, where she uploads photos and arranges them according to how she wants them displayed in her feed.
- With other planning apps, you can only plan out reels a little, but with Canva, you can have a spins cover image so that when you plug it into the feed, you can see how it will look cropped.
- Millie also uses Trello to plan her content calendar by plugging in captions and photos for each day of the week from Monday through Friday.
- Millie prefers using Canva over other planning apps because they require payment or upgrading for certain features, such as scheduling carousel posts or auto-posting, unless one has a business account which comes with its own set of limitations.
- Auto-scheduling posts is only possible through Facebook’s Creator Studio if one has an Instagram creator or business account connected to their Facebook page. Still, this feature is only compatible with video content for in-feed posts and carousels.
- Dollar 80 is an app that helps increase engagement on Instagram by leaving meaningful comments on nine different hashtags’ nine most recent posts without resorting to bot systems.
- Modern Millie encourages viewers who made it this far and have not already subscribed yet to should subscribe button to turn on bell notifications so they don’t miss any future videos.
Free Social Media Calendar Template 2023
- The video is about creating a social media content calendar for 2023.
- The creator has made the calendar for their use and is sharing it for free.
- The calendar includes days of the week and dates to plan specific content.
- Post types can be categorized as static, video, or other.
- Topics can be focused on occasions, regions, posts, or faces.
- Tick marks indicate which platform the post will be shared on (Facebook, Instagram Stories, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Social media marketers typically prepare content calendars for the upcoming month at the end of each month.
- Months can be duplicated and edited with new dates if needed.
- The creator uploaded the template to their website and provided a link in the video’s description.
- Other templates related to SEO planning are also available on their website or in another video they have created.
How to Use the Content Calendar Template in Notion
- Michelle uses Notion to plan her YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram content.
- She has a content planner page where she organizes all of her ideas and collaborations.
- Michelle’s master content calendar shows all the planned content for each platform.
- She has individual project trackers for each platform (YouTube and TikTok).
- The project trackers have a list of ideas on the left and a calendar on the right.
- Michelle tags each idea with its status (idea, to film, edited, or uploaded) so that she can quickly track progress.
- She also created templates to help her plan out videos more efficiently.
- Once she commits to an idea, she adds it to her agenda page, where she schedules filming/editing/uploading tasks leading up to the live date.
- Michelle recommends using Notion as it helps keep everything organized in one place compared to other methods like Google Sheets or bullet journaling, which could have worked better for her.
- Michelle gives shoutouts at the end of every video by choosing one comment from viewers who liked, subscribed, and commented below.
How Do I Create a Social Media Calendar for Content?
- Business owners and marketers need help creating consistent content that provides value to their target audience.
- This video will show how to create a Content calendar to stay consistent and save time with content creation.
- A Content calendar is an overview of upcoming social media posts organized by dates.
- Different tools are available, but this video will focus on using Google Sheets and Asana for free.
- When creating a Content calendar, decide what content to make based on marketing strategies like the social media rule of thirds or the 80/20 principle.
- Small businesses can have a simple Content calendar, while larger brands may need a more complex one.
- Start with basic information like dates, platform, content type, topic, format, purpose, status, and link to the published post in your Content Calendar.
- Add advanced info like goals if needed.
- Having a Content calendar helps you stay organized and post consistently.
- Use data validation in Google Sheets for easier date selection.
How To Plan Weekly Social Media Content?
- Planning social media content for a week can take as little as 60 minutes.
- Creating a list of video concepts and outlining bullet points for each video can save time in the long run.
- Including database things like stats or research shows authority and helps with followers, credibility, and Google rankings.
- Tools like Canva, Adobe Spark, or PicMonkey can create image content without hiring a designer or spending too much money.
- Keeping a database of ideas and pre-conceptualized topics allows for easy access to content when needed.
- List all the content types you can commit to publishing that week, such as blog posts, live videos, podcast promotions, etc.
- Match the content type with the social media channels you’re willing to post on (Instagram is good for visual/image-based content).
- Assign days and social platforms on which you’ll post each type of content (blog posts at least twice a week; video once a week).
- Before writing captions, create rough outlines of what each post should discuss and look like.
- Schedule your content using tools like Hootsuite or Buffer so that you don’t have to log into social media every hour of the day
How To Create An Instagram Content Calendar?
- Consistency in posting on Instagram is essential for growth.
- A content calendar helps bridge the gap between inconsistency and confidence in posting.
- Content strategy involves determining posts’ format and subject matter that will connect with your ideal audience.
- A sustainable Instagram strategy considers what you love to make, what performs well for your audience, and what you have time to complete.
- The content calendar is a practical application of the content strategy, turning it into a daily checklist for post-creation.
- Assigning ideas generated through niche and content pillar brainstorming to specific calendar dates helps with posting consistency.
- Planning a content calendar is important for staying consistent on Instagram and boosting growth.
- Coming up with fresh and unique ideas can be challenging, but methods like repurposing, research, brainstorming, and viral trends can help generate new ideas.
- Confidence as an Instagram creator is also crucial for growth.
- The Instagram Roadmap course offers guidance on creating a sustainable strategy, planning out a content calendar, generating fresh ideas & increasing confidence as an IG creator