Learn how to create a fast, visually appealing content plan for your new website with sound marketing advice. Analyze top Google results using natural language processing algorithms and prioritize pages that need writing.
Use hacks like capitalizing on website strengths, multiplying keywords, finding questions people are asking for, grouping keywords into themes, and finding title ideas. Follow these steps to start writing quality content for online marketing success!
How to Create a Good Content Planning Strategy
- The speaker shows how to create a content plan for a new website.
- The plan will be fast, visually appealing, and based on sound marketing advice.
- It can be done with a level one account that costs around £30 or $40.
- A brief is created for the concept of car parts in the UK.
- Top Google results are analyzed using a natural language processing algorithm named entity extraction algorithm to understand underlying topics.
- Data is presented in a visual wheel and CSV file to prioritize pages needing writing.
- A topic chart shows logical structure categorized into automotive sections, auto parts, brands, etc., which can be exported as PNG or sent via a public URL
- An exportable CSV file provides instructions for page-by-page content creation with the value assigned to importance.
- Additional ideas within individual topics, such as wheels, can be explored using the same method.
How to Create a Content Plan for Social Media
- The speaker is an experienced content marketer who has built successful companies through blogging and generating organic traffic.
- He gets over 2 million visitors from Google each month and has translated his English content into multiple languages.
- Generating content ideas is easy for him, and he can plan his blog’s content for the next four years.
- To generate six months’ content in a few days, he recommends using hacks such as capitalizing on your website strength, multiplying keywords using Ubersuggest, finding questions people are asking for, grouping keywords into themes, and finding title ideas with Frase.io/tools.
- Install Google Search Console to see which keywords are already getting impressions on your website and start creating more content around those topics.
- Use Ubersuggest to find related keywords that are easy to rank for based on their SEO difficulty score.
- Look at the Questions tab in Ubersuggest’s keyword ideas report to find more seed keywords and create relevant content around them.
- Group similar keywords into topic clusters when creating new pieces of content instead of focusing solely on individual ones.
- Use Frase.io/tools’ blog title generator to develop catchy titles with relevant keywords and meta descriptions to attract clicks from search engines like Google.
- Start by targeting high-traffic/low-competition CPC (cost per click)keywords before moving on to harder-to-rank ones.
How to Establish a Content Strategy Plan for Your Business
- Julianne Hadley and Adriana Corona are presenting on content strategy.
- Content strategy helps to do less, prioritize, align content across channels, and prevent delays.
- Successful content fulfills audience needs and supports organizational goals.
- Goals should be defined before starting a website project.
- In the absence of strategic goals, focus on audience needs.
- A content plan is important for defining the subset of content that meets an audience’s needs or organizational goals.
- Existing content is often more than needed but not enough to fulfill needs/goals; a content audit can help prioritize actions (delete/revise/keep/create).
- Quantitative audits involve taking stock of URLs, status, etc., while qualitative audits assess the quality/usability of existing content.
- Purposeful new content may need to be created to fill gaps identified in the audit process.
- Measuring performance and ongoing maintenance are crucial steps in a successful content strategy.
Simple Content Strategy Plan For Websites
- The video is about creating a content strategy for your business.
- The method used is demonstrated using Surfside PPC and beachfront decor as examples.
- Keyword research is important in developing a content strategy.
- Content should be created based on what people are searching for to increase organic search engine traffic.
- Outsourcing content creation can help if you need to become more familiar with it.
- Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel can be used to create the spreadsheet for the content strategy plan.
- A simple way to start planning your content strategy is by breaking it down into weeks, days of the week, type of content, social media plan, and URL link.
- You need to know how your content will perform at different times of the year.
- Longtail keywords that feed into short-tail keywords can drive more traffic.
- The pace at which you create valuable content depends on what works best for your business.
Strategy vs. Planning: A Plan Is Not a Strategy
- Planning and strategy are different.
- Strategic planning in business often needs a coherent strategy.
- A strategy is an integrative set of choices that positions a company to win on a playing field of their choice.
- The strategy involves specifying an outcome, which may include customers wanting your product or service enough to make the profitability you desire.
- Planning typically involves resources spent by the company, while strategy specifies an outcome involving customer behavior that the company cannot control.
- Southwest Airlines had a successful strategy for winning against competitors who were only focused on participating in the market rather than winning it.
- To escape this comfort trap of planning without a real strategy, managers must accept some uncertainty and lay out clear logic for their strategies.
- Strategies should not be overcomplicated and can ideally fit onto one page outlining where they will play, how they will win, what capabilities are needed, what management systems are required, and how they will achieve their goals/aspirations
- Strategy is a journey that requires tweaking as you go along based on changes in industry trends or competition.
- While planning guarantees losing, doing strategic planning gives companies the best possible chance at winning on their chosen playing field.